Having a Will Alone Does Not Ensure The Care of Your Kids
If you are a parent of minor children (or those with special needs) who are counting on you, your estate plan must begin with your children would always be taken care of by the people you want, in the way you want, no matter what happens.
At Legacy Lawyers, one of our areas of greatest expertise is planning for the well-being and care of the children you love.
Without Proper Planning, Here is What Could Happen
- Your children could be placed into Child Protective Services (CPS) even if you have a will in place; even if you have a living trust while your legal documents or located or your family is identified
- A Judge who doesn’t know you or your family will decide who will raise your kids, even if it’s the last person you would want
- Approximately 5% of the total value of your assets could be lost due to probate, a court process that can tie up your assets for months or years and deprive your kids of the resources they need to live comfortably
- When your kids turn 18, they get a check for whatever assets are left – outright with no protection
- Unscrupulous people may make it their business to review public records to find out which 18 year olds are coming into money
What is a Kids Protection Plan®?
A Kids Protection Plan® is a set of instructions, legal documents and even an ID card for your wallet, which you need to have if you have kids at home who count on you for their well-being and care.
If you are in an accident, your Kids Protection Plan® will make sure your children are never taken into the custody of Child Protective Services, strangers or the care of anyone you wouldn’t want because the authorities don't have clear instructions from you. And your Kids Protection Plan® will ensure your children are raised by people you choose, not someone chosen by a Judge who doesn’t know you.